Oxo-Biodegradable Earth Caps
We all need to be conscious of the environment and the effect of our daily lives on the earth.
The Oxo-Biodegradable Earth Cap utilizes the latest technology to minimize the effect of bottled water caps on the environment.
Our cap is 100% Virgin LDPE and our customized PE additive makes our cap is the only one to be oxo-biodegradable.
Standard colors are Blue, Earth-green, Natural, Aqua, Yellow, Red and Pink. We can also customize colors to meet your application.
Go Green – Earth-Cap
- Earth Smart – Degrades in 5 to 10 years, while other caps can take hundreds of years to degrade.
- Eco-Safe – Decomposes to a natural earth-friendly state.
- Environmentally-Smart – Fully recyclable.
How It Works – Degradation of the Norland Earth-Cap
The formulation used in the Norland Earth-Cap, contains a proprietary mixture of:
- a pro-oxidant
- a photo-initiated initial degradation inhibition element
- a secondary bio-degradation initiator.
This unique formulation has been developed to give the plastic cap, an in-house storage shelf life of approximately 24 months. There is a further “dwell time”, of around 6 months after disposal. This is followed by a rapid breakdown of polymer properties resulting in acute embrittlement, after 36 months from disposal. The three stages of the cap breakdown are classified as follows:
- Embrittlement – After the cap is used, and then disposed, the embrittlement process begins. This embrittlement is activated primarily by sunlight, and/or heat generated within a landfill. The embrittlement process is similar visually to that of a shattered windshield-where the plastic cap begins fragmenting into small pieces. Scientifically, the molecular weight of the polymer chain has been reduced, thus increasing the microbial accessibility, and eventual bio-digestion.
- Micro-fragmentation – this is the further fragmentation of the embrittlement stage into smaller fragments, which then begins the bio-digestion. This micro-fragmentation of the polymer chain promotes the growth of microbial colonies to expedite the biodegradation.
- Bio-digestion – Is the consumption of the micro-fragmentation pieces, by the microbial colonies, resulting in the Earth-Cap being ultimately consumed.
Carton Dimensions: 15″ x 15″ x 19″ in.
Caps per Carton: 500pcs. neatly stacked
Cartons per Pallet: 30 (15,000 caps)
Truck loading: 53 ft truck holds 26 pallets straight and 30 pallets pin-wheeled.
48 ft truck holds 24 pallets straight and 26 pallets pin-wheeled.
Sea Container: 20ft. 216,000 caps / 432 cartons
20ft. palletized 150,000 caps / 300 cartons
40 ft. hand stacked – 525,000 / 1050 cartons
40ft. palletized – 300,000 / 600 cartons
Norland provides custom printed labels for our Earth-Caps. We handle artwork and layout creation, based on your current or desired label design. Our labels are uniquely oxo-biodegradable.
* Custom Labels must be paid for in advance. Minimum 2 pallet order. Customer must accept full order as soon as it is ready.